Filecamp Release Notes
If you're curious about what's new in Filecamp — and what's changed — you're in the right place.
We hope the updates you’ll read below make it easier for your team to share files and collaborate with your clients and partners. ✨
August 17, 2019
- Vanity URLs on all shared links. Replace the encrypted text in all shared links with a text of your own choice. Read more.
- Better support for extremely large files (+3GB) upload.
- Spaces in usernames are now allowed.
- Improved the thumbnail (preview) procedure for complicated files.
- Quicker thumbnails (previews) of large (in pixel-count) files.
August 2, 2019
- Vanity URLs on folders. Replace the secure and encrypted default folder name with a text of your own choice. Read more.
- You can now search for a log entry in the Log even if the specific log entry is collapsed. Read more.
- More clear limit on how many characters (max 3500) you can enter in share messages.
- All Administrators will receive an email notification when your account reaches 80%, 90%, and 100% of your storage limit.
- Prevention for creating a folder name that starts with a dot, which causes problems for certain OS.
- Auto tags work again in all regions.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent custom domains changes to be successfully propagated to AWS Route 53 DNS service.
July 23, 2019
- Log in as another user. Admins can now log in as another user. Great for testing purposes and for helping set up notifications for other users. Read more.
- Your last used expiry date on shared links is saved in the browser cache, so you don’t have to remember to set the expiry date when sharing files and folders.
- Fixed a bug between that (in some cases) changed the expiry date on shared links to 1 week, even if you have selected e.g. Link never expires.
- We have now added a warning if you try to delete the file extension for a file.
- Support for longer messages (3500 characters) in share messages.
- Share pages now work again.
- Improved the Receive files without login (public upload) feature.
- Improved preview of CMYK images with embedded ICC profiles.
- Fixed a bug that caused people to receive upload notifications even if the upload was canceled.
May 27, 2019
- Contact sheet feature. You can now easily print an overview of all files in a folder or Collection.
- Faster previews when browsing through images in large preview mode.
- Bug Fixes
- Improved previews of certain .svg files.
- Problem with a specific Chinese character in folder names and missing thumbnails
- Shared links are now deactivated/removed right after they have been deleted.
- Double quotes in folder names could prevent thumbnails in being generated.
May 12, 2019
- Added support for pages on the user list for customers with +250 users.
- Go to folder feature directly from the corresponding log entry.
- An intelligent (AI) thumbnail generating priority system.
- External users can now also self-register to change labels (approve) files.
- You can now upload .webloc and .url files that link to other sites.
- Removed the option for Locked users to create Collections and Favorites.
- Pdf files should not be shown with cover thumbnails
January 20, 2019
Whew! The new Filecamp is here. We have been working on this update for the last 2 years. And we are looking very much forward to show you all the new features and refinements!
- New 100% responsive user interface
- Better performance
- More storage space
- Folder upload
- Easier user management
- Advanced search features
- Improved proofing/commenting tools
- More notification options
- More custom branding
- Bulk adding of tags
- More metadata options
- Bulk add and invite users
- Custom pages
- ... and a lot more.
NOTICE: Remember to clear all caches so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.
Tim Deasy, Creative Director / Founder, Standard Official™