Quick Start Guide for New Users
Just getting up and running with Filecamp? Look no further…
STEP 1 – Logging in to your Filecamp account
First thing’s first. Here’s how to log in:
- Go to your Filecamp URL e.g. your company.filecamp.com
- Enter your email/username (probably sent to you by email)
- Enter your password
- Click Login
Forgot your password? No worries: Just click the Forgot Password link.
STEP 2 – Navigating Your Filecamp
Your files are categorized in folders. Click on a folder to enter it and then click on a file to see a large preview of it. You can use the breadcrumb or your browser’s back button to navigate back and forth between folders.
STEP 3 – Downloading files
Downloading a file from Filecamp is quick and easy.
To download a file:
- Hold your mouse over the file and click the Download icon.
- Select the desired size and resolution.
- Click Download and download process will start immediately.
To download multiple files:
- Find the Bulk action icon in the Top Navigation Menu and choose Download.
- Select all the files and folders you want to download.
- Then press Download. A .zip archive will now be created and the download process will begin.
- Uncompress the zip archive on your local computer.
STEP 4 – Creating a New Folder
Follow the steps below to create a new folder:
- Click the Add folder icon in the top menu.
- In the pop-up window that appears, enter the folder name.
- Need folders inside the first one? To create subfolders, just click the top-level folder to open it and repeat the steps above.
STEP 5 – Uploading files
- Navigate to the folder you want to upload files to.
- Click the Upload icon and then choose Choose Files.
- A pop-up window will appear, allowing you to select the specific file(s) you want to upload from your computer (you can select multiple files at once by holding down Shift and clicking on them.)
- Select the specific file(s) and click the Open button.
- Click the Start Upload button.
- When the upload process is finished, click Done and you will be directed to the folder where you can see the files you have uploaded.
STEP 6 – Search
If you’re looking for a certain file or folder – or even a certain tag or keyword associated with a file – jump right to it with the Search tool. Just click at the Search icon at the top of your page and enter your query.
Filecamp will search the titles of your files and folders as well as the descriptions and tags/keywords. If you receive too many results, simply dig into the more advanced search options like changed date, labels etc.
STEP 7 – Shared links
Shared links provide an additional way to share folders or files with others. With shared links, the user does not need to be added as user in your Filecamp. Share files with shared links when you want to simplify the process for users and don’t want to track activity for each user.
Here’s how to generate one:
- Go to the desired folder or file and click the Share icon
- In the popup that appears, you’ll see a URL to this file (or folder) – this is your shared link.
- To share, enter the recipient’s email address and click send. You can also copy and paste the secure link into your own email application, chat client or whatever communication channel you prefer.
- Click Send.
STEP 8 – Adding Comments to a File
Comments provide a powerful way to drive discussion around content in your Filecamp account. Use comments to request feedback from others, make notes to yourself, notify others of updates to a file and a variety of other social interactions.
- Go to the desired file and click on the Comments icon in the header.
- Type in your remarks and click POST.
Your comment will now be stored with this file and will be visible for other users with permission to view this file.
Read more about Commenting.